Music- www.myspace.com/christarzgiles

Sunday 27 December 2009

The City's Hidden Reality

I love the dusty lights. I love the dirty pavements. I love the bustling streets and the bilingual slang. I love the fast pace. I love the arrogant place. I love the liberal feel and the progressive thought. This city is the heart of England, where there is a beat. Since a boy I travelled through the underground passages and saw the artistic views and structures. With progression of understanding, I noticed certain hidden realities. The lavished houses of Bond Street might as well be paved with gold and red carpet painted on to show their pretence. Upon the door step I see the homeless juxta posed against wealth. The hidden reality is the story of their placement upon that door step. Suddenly I have the realisation! The assumption that the homeless will wake up in the morning, surely just because their eyes are shut does not mean they are asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment